Monday, September 14, 2009

Funny thing happen in Malaysia Check-point (Custom)

Dear All,

Just a reminder to those who enjoyz going to Singapore to Shop ...
REMEMBER TO TEAR OFF ALL YOUR LABEL/PRICE before LEAVING SINGAPORE!

WHY? This was what happen to me recently to my trip from Singapore back to Kuala Lumpur via ISKANDAR CHECK-POINT!
I was told by the officer that whatever things we buy regardless CLOTH or FOOD or ELECTRONIC GOODS .. we will be tax after conversion back to MALAYSIA RIGGIT (RM) multiply by 30%!!!!!

Imagine we buy 1 piece of shirt that will ost you SGD$ 10, means you be tax by Malaysia Custom 30% after conversion. sould be around (SGD$ 10 x 2.4) x 30% = RM31.20 (you have to pay to Malaysia Government or Custom Duty of RM7.20) ...

The officer told me that unless I stayed inside there more than 72 hour, then I'm be given to buy 3 piece of cloth without been tax in Malaysia! I have been going there so frequent and this is the first time I got tax for it ......

Of cause I'm not interested o fightnot argue with them ... I just simply ask for the payment counter to proceed with the payment and get away from there ...

So fellow Malaysian .. please be smart the next time you go to Singapore to shop!
Have fun doing your shopping in Singapore .... You pay what you get .. unlike in KL ..
HAIH!!!


cheers,
Alexi Binks


Photobucket

No comments: